Measuring for an Escape Glass Splashback
Looking for a free estimate?
Wanting to install the splashback yourself?
Live out of Invercargill and would like to get your builder to help?
Just follow these guidelines below to ensure your measurements give us all the information we need for the perfect fit.
Well then the good news is measuring for one of our splashbacks is fairly straight forward.
- Use a spirit level to check the walls and surfaces are straight and level. If they are not we can make the splashback with sloping edges.
- Measure please what we like to call "tight sizes" which is the full width and height with a tape measure at various points along the glass. Do not take anything off these measurements, we will allow for all glass tolerances at our end. See images below on where to measure for your splashback shape.
- If you need holes or cut-outs for plugs please measure the position of these from the bottom and one edge. Do a simple sketch with your measurements and send it to us. Please also be sure to let us know if your plug cutout size is different from the NZ standard of 60mm x 100mm
- If you need a complex shape such as a curve to suit a cooker hood then we will need a template. Preferably on corflute, MDF, plywood or thick cardboard.
- Please don't worry about glass overlapping in the corners etc, again we will make all allowances for this.
- Last but not least - Please double check your measurements. Once the glass is toughened it cannot be cut or changed.
If you are in the Southland region these measurements are only required if you wish to install the glass yourself as our local service includes a measure and install as part of the job.
If you are still unsure or stuck please call us on 032145012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - even just fill out the form below and we will be happy to help.